STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE
1 Pie Crust (comes in a two-pack in the grocery store in the frozen dessert section)
3 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup minute tapioca
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
Pie Crumble Topping:
2/3 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, chilled, cut in little cubes
1. Pull out one pie crust and partially thaw.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F. When the oven is preheated, place pie crust in to bake for 7 minutes.
3. In a bowl mix together all pie filling ingredients until well blended.
4. Pull the pie crust out of the oven after the 7 minutes of baking and let cool.
5. Now start on the crumble topping. In a bowl combine all pie crumble toppings until all ingredients are incorporated and it gives a nice crumble. I would recommend using your hands to mix these ingredients together.
6. Add pie filling mixture into the pie crust and top with pie crumble topping.
7. Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes, and then drop the temperature to 350 F for 15 minutes.
Let the pie sit until it is fully cooled, or the pie filling will still be liquid and bleed.