CARAMELIZED ONION QUICHE
This is a classic quiche with a little twist. Red wine gives this quiche added richness and flavor. This is quick to make and great for to serve for any meal, but I particularly love it for brunch.
1 pie crust (I used frozen and it was perfectly delicious)
1 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
1 medium onion, sliced
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
1 cup half & half
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
dash of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Once oven is preheated, bake pie crust for 7 minutes to give it a pre-bake. When it is done baking drop the temperature to 350 F.
2. In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Saute for 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add red wine and saute until the water from the red wine has evaporated and the onions are caramelized.
4. In a bowl whisk together eggs, half & half, salt, dry mustard, and nutmeg.
5. In the pie crust place Swiss cheese, and then caramelized onions. Pour egg mixture on top of both.
6. Place the quiche on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the quiche does not giggle.